Analtech Film Preview
September 10, 2008 at 02:15 PM
Complete Film Available under preview
Click on screen below for preview - then scroll down for full feature
Preview - Adventures of Ana from Ken Grant on Vimeo.
Saturday, June 21, was the longest sunlight day of the year in the northern hemisphere - and we took advantage of every ray of sunlight for filming!
The filming and production was done by the Delaware Film Company - Chris Stout is the Writer/Director - he is a native Delawarean who graduated at the top of his class from the University of Southern California Film School
This film would not have been possible without the following:
- the staff of Mt. Cuba - www.mtcubacenter.org - these men and women were there to make sure this day went smoothly - they worked tirelessly from dawn to dusk and deserve a world of credit for everything they did!
- Gina Scarnati of Opera Delaware - http://www.operade.org/costumes.htm - designed and provided all of the costumes for leads, supporting, and approx. 50 extras - she is responsible for so much of the great “look” of this film.
- the dozens of men, women, and children who agreed to be part of this project and spent several hours in costume and performing their hearts out
- Bella Vista Restaurant in Pike Creek - http://www.bellavistatrattoria.com/ - provided some of the best food possible!
- Dr. Rob Teti, Founder and Executive Director of Chenoa Manor in Avondale, PA - http://www.chenoamanor.org/index.html - for the ducks
The star of our film is Stacey Shevlin - http://www.staceyshevlin.com/
Here is a list of just some of the people who were kind enough to appear in the film:
- U.S. Congressman Mike Castle
- State Auditor Tom Wagner
- Jim Jones of the Delaware Manufacturing Extension Partnership
- Rick Jensen of WDEL
- Rebecca Faber of the World Trade Center Delaware
- Joe Zilcosky of the Delaware Economic Development Office
- Alok Patel with InB:Biotechnologies, Inc.
“Analtech Inc. (Newark, Delaware), a producer of thin-layer chromatography plates and accessories, has launched a unique ad campaign designed to get younger generations interested in chromatography. The company has created a film spoof of 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail' that features the adventures of Ana L'Tech and one of the company's testing instruments.”
Chromatography Online.com/LCGC Magazine
“Analtech Launches Unique Ad Campaign”
“(Chris) Stout's script features heroine Ana L'Tech using the CycloGraph to prove to an angry mob that she is not a witch... The script is loaded with ironic, winking references to the video's role as advertising, as well as a number of nods to the Monty Python film.”
“Biotech company hopes to go 'viral':
Newark's Analtech creates video to appeal to younger generation”
By Andrew Eder, 6/29/08
“Part comedy sketch and part commercial, the film demonstrates Analtech's signature product - thin layer chromatography plates - by telling the story of Ana L'tech, who uses the company's products to prove to an angry mob and an incompetent sheriff that she is not a witch.”
“Modern medieval marketing:
Newark tech firm films Monty at Mount Cuba”
By Adam Zewe, 6/25/08