Cyclograph Deluxe Centrifugal Chromotography Device
The CycloGraph system is a centrifugally accelerated device for performing preparative thin layer radial separations.
The separations occur quickly (within 20 minutes) with no need for scraping separated bands as with traditional Thin Layer Chromatography. Principle of Operation The compound to be separated is applied as a solution inside the adsorbent ring of the pre-cast Rotor (Analtechs prepared consumable for this device) by way of a solvent pump or hand held syringe.
The chosen solvent mixture is then pumped (at an appropriate speed) through the adsorbent layer effectively separating the individual components as a result of their different affinities for the layer and solvent mixture. As the individual rings reach the outer rim of the Rotor they are spun off the edge of the glass and collected in the special circular trough.
The angle of the trough allows the eluent to collect at the bottom and drop out the collection port.
Key Features of the Cyclograph:
- Variable speed control (100-1400RPM)
- Integrated 4 watt UV lamp for hands-free viewing of separations
- ON/OFF switches for motor and UV lamp Adjustable plane angle setting (0-45 degrees)
- Solvent pump with associated ON/OFF pump control switch
- Ultra quiet and accurate low flow solvent pump (0-15ml/min) Compatible with all common chromatography solvents including acetic acid
Deluxe System Includes:
- Cyclograph instrument
- Solvent pump with tubing
- Speed Monitor (CAT# 87-43)
- Rotor Desiccator/Storage Chamber (CAT# 50-05)
- Set of 4 Silica Gel Rotors (2, 4, 6, 8 mm)
- Vial of Rotor Test Dye (CAT# 30-05)
- Instruction manual
- One year warranty
NOTE: The model II (CAT# 87-50) is no longer being sold.
Catalog Number: 87-40d