Micro C8-Columns 3 um, 120A, 150 mm x 1 mm
Micro and narrow bore columns are nonstandard columns designed for special HPLC applications (such as LC/MS and LC/GC). The SMT microbores are referred to as all columns that have internal diameters (id) of 1.0mm or less. SMT narrow bore columns have id of 2.0 to 3.0 mm.
Micro and narrow bore columns are generally not recommended for usage on normal configuration HPLC systems. Modification of system configuration with regards to pumping, injecting, flow cell, and detecting, are often crucial. Compared with standard columns (4.6mm, id), Micro and narrow-bore columns provide:
- Greatly enhanced sensitivity.
- Dramatic solvent savings, without altering the resolution and retention values.
- Ideal for applications in which very small quantities of samples are available for analysis.
- Favorite choice for applications in LC/MS.
- Better choice for applications in drug discoveries and screening.
- Ideal for applications in genomics and proteomics.
Microbore HPLC columns require the use of a specialized, dedicated microbore HPLC system, equipped with a very low-volume injector, low-volume detector flow cell, micro pump heads ca-pable of delivering low flow rates, and small-bore connective tubings. SMT manufactures micro and narrow bore columns of outstanding efficiency and durability. These columns have found tre-mendous number of applications in LC/MS (liquid chromatography/mass spectropscopy), especially in the area of drug discoveries.
Catalog Number: O-3-120/151