NOTE: previously available as CAT# VWRDU
These are the most rugged silica gel plates available. They not only ease handling and sample application, but also permit the use of up to 80% water in the developing solvent without loss of adherence of the adsorbent layer to the glass plate. Organic binder plates are recommended for all TLC applications except those that use vigorous charring for visualization. Virtually all other visualization methods are free from interference from the organic binder.
Hard Layer Silica Gel UNIPLATES represent an advancement in thin layer adsorbent technology. Special high performance silica gel with small average diameter and narrow particle size distribution results in separations 25%-30% faster than with most other TLC plates. Separated spots are more compact and better resolved, which allows visualization at lower sample levels. The enhanced abrasion resistance means easier handling and sample application because plate surface gouging is virtually eliminated. Analtech Hard Layer UNIPLATES are available with either organic or inorganic binders.
Binder choice has little effect on the adsorptive properties of the adsorbent layer.
- High performance silica gel provides faster separations, higher resolution, and improved sensitivity.
- Enhanced abrasion resistance offers easier handling.
- Harder surface simplifies sample application.
- Hard layer surface is easily written on.
- Compatible with organic solvents.
- Faster development compared to silica gel 60.
- Fluorescent plates are ideal for UV shadowing.